Here’s a new gameplay trailer for one of the new maps coming in the Close Quarters DLC for Battlefield 3. The map is called Donya Fortress, and as you can see in the trailer it’s going to feature intense and frenetic indoors combat. Specifically, you can expect to:
- Get plunged into frantic and relentless infantry combat
- Check your corners as death can come from any angle
- HD destruction lets you reduce entire locales to ruin
- Earn new weapons and bring them back to the base game
- Complete new assignments and equip unique dog tags
- Play in new ways, mixing team play and instant action
Sounds awesome to me! You really get a feel for what the new HD Destruction feature is going to add to the game in the trailer, with pieces of masonry flying about, and bullets whizzing by and breaking stuff in the room, furniture being destroyed, and all that. Really adds that nice extra touch to the realistic feel of Battlefield 3.
Close Quarters will release this June, with no exact date set yet. PlayStation 3 players will be getting it a week earlier than the rest of us, though. What do you think? Let us know about it in the comments!